Pain for a long time can be a chronic disease. Typically 1 in 4 people are affected by it. Do you know that chronic pain affects more people than diseases such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes combined? But people aren’t talking it seriously.
- What is the cause of pain?
- What about the various Forms of Pain
- How does the pain affect your life?
- What are the Backache Triggers?
- What is Sciatica?
- What are the Signs of slip Disc?
- How to Handle a Slip Disc?
Let’s discuss each point in detail:
What is the cause of pain?
Expert says that pain is an uncomfortable sensory sensation, typically associated with the physical and sensory components. We have to trust the patient since it is a subjective feeling.
What about the various forms of pain
Acute pain: It typically lasts for 6 weeks. It is a defensive body reaction caused by kidney stones pain, burns, cuts, fracture, inflammatory surgery sprains, orinjury.
Chronic pain: The pain typically lasts more than three months. This can have an effect on an individual’s social,mental andfunctional ability. The most common chronic pain is an extreme arthritis-like musculoskeletal pain or lower back pain.
How does the pain affect your life?
- It impacts sleep
- Diminishes versatility
- Diminishes workout capacity
- It affects your appetite
- Difficult to do household works
- Unable to engage in social and community events-social roles
- Person becomes depressed and moody
- Also impaired cognitive function
What are the Backache Triggers?
- One of the reasons for that is muscle tightness. In turn tight muscles cause other issues, such as muscle fatigue and vice versa.
- Muscle dysfunction is the cause of back problems.
- Even tight joints cause chronic lower back pain.
- Joint tightness allows the spine to experience compression tension.
- Inflammation of the tissue and local infections can also sometimes cause chronic pain.
- Poor back & abdominal fitness
- Bending and muscle twisting
What is Sciatica?
This condition is due to sciatic nerve inflammation (the big and medium nerves that go down the leg).The pain usually passes through the leg. The main cause of sciatica is nerve compression by a slipped disc or spinal degeneration.
What are the Signs of Slip Disc?
70 to 80 percent of the cases with slipped discs will recover within one year. Those patients, however, experience extreme pain in the leg that greatly reduces their mobility. That calls for medical intervention. Maybe you feel like:
- Extreme discomfort down the leg
- Increase pain when you cough and sneeze
- Increased pain when sitting, standing and walking and reduced while lying
How to Handle a Slip Disc?
Bed rest aren’t the solution. You should move your body as much as possible.The doctor’s recommendation in case of sudden eruption of pain is rest should be no more than 2 to 3 days. The options mentioned below can help you alleviate the pain:
- Limited rest-no longer than 2 days. Encourage housekeeping
- Don’t bend and lift weights
- Pain relievers & muscle relaxants
- Injection into the nerve root
- Steroidal epidural
Chronic causes of lower back pain can be easily and effectively treated if people would just be persistent enough to follow the necessary treatments, exercises and stretches. So if you want to eliminate all the causes of chronic pain, you need to visit an excellent physiotherapist that will teach you all the treatments and exercises you can do from the comfort of your home.